Monday, December 27, 2010

Katha 21 – Man, Cherry and Apple – A

There was a man. One day he got a cherry. He showed it to another man.
Another man said, “Wow! You have got a cherry. You have become a great man now.”
First one said, “No, no! There is no greatness in having this cherry. I was going on this way and I was a bit lucky. So I found this. We will eat it together. Then its sweet and sour taste will linger in our mouths. It will be fun.”
Then he gave half cherry to another man. Both ate it. The taste lingered for some time and the happiness in their eyes lingered even longer.

There was a man. One day he got an apple. He showed it to another man.
Another man said, “Wow! You have got an apple. You have become a great man now. But I have got only this small and sour cherry.”
First one said, “No, no! It’s not my greatness. It was my luck that I got this apple. If you would have gone this way, then you also could have got an apple. Now we both will eat it together.”
Then he gave half of the apple to another man. Another man also gave him half cherry and both ate cherry and apple happily.

One day one man got an apple. He showed it to another man.
Another man said, “Wow! An apple! You have become a great man now. I have only this cherry.”
First one said, “No, no! It’s not my greatness but luck. If you would have gone this way, then you also could have got an apple. Now we both will eat it together.”
Then he gave half of the apple to another man.
But another man didn’t give half of his cherry to first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment