Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Katha 22 – Man, Cherry and – A


There was a rich man.
One day he got a cherry. He showed it to another man.
Another man said, “Wow! You have got a cherry. You have become a great man now.”
First one said, “Yes! I am a great man. That’s why I found this. It’s mine”.
Another one said, “You are lucky”.
First one said, “And you don’t have it. So I am definitely greater than you”

One rich man found another cherry. He kept it side because he had eaten one.
Another man said, “Wow! You have got another cherry”.
First one said, “Yes! I am a great man. That’s why I found this also. And of course it’s mine".
Another one said, “You are lucky”.
First one said, “Yes. Luck comes to great men only".
Another one said, “What are you going to do with it?”
First one said, “Of course I will keep it in my cherry collection. That will grow my treasures".  

So the rich man had many cherries. Or, those cherries made him rich. Cherries were dry, wrinkled and foul smelling. Because he hadn’t ate them.

So there was a rich man with a cherries and it was not needed to tell it. The foul smell of cherries was sufficient to spread the fact.
One day the rich man found an apple. He showed it to another man.
Another man said, “Wow! You have got an apple. You have become a great man now”.
First one said, “Yes! I am a great man. I had cherries. That’s why I also got an apple. And, of course, it’s mine. Now I am greater”.
Another one said, “Yes, you are lucky”.

No comments:

Post a Comment